The next step is confirm the attendance of the delegates and the delivery of the course by the trainers on the day of training. An easy way to track that is to have your delegates and trainers to sign off on a course training record.
How to use this document to keep a course training record: step-by-step instructions
- Download the free course training record template here: Right click and ‘save as’
- Fill in the course details such as the course name, trainer, venue and date(s) of training.
- Specify whether the training course is based on competency and/or attendance and if participants will be assessed at the end of the course.
- Fill in the names of the delegates attending the course.
- Hand over the form to the trainers before the start of the course. Trainers are to instruct and remind the delegates to sign in before the end of the day to confirm their attendance.
- If assessment is required, trainers are to complete the last column indicating if the delegate has passed, failed or deferred the assessment.
- To complete the record, trainers are to print their name and sign off to confirm that they have delivered the course, any required assessment and provided relevant training materials to the delegates.
At the end of the course, the trainers should submit the records to you. Be sure to file your course training records! They provide a great summation of your company’s training history and allow you to track which employees have undergone the respective training courses.
Do you find the training record template helpful? Let us know!