If you fail to plan, you plan to fail! Avoid the pitfalls of a poor training session and disengaged participants by putting together a training plan that will help you optimize the time spent on training.
Like any other event, a lot of details go into the planning of a training course. Having a training plan will help you organize the various moving pieces. More importantly, it’ll give you the best chance of ensuring that you’ll achieve your training goals!
To help you, we’re happy to share a free training plan template.
How to use this document to plan your training course: step-by-step instructions
- Download the free training plan template here: Right click and ‘save as’
- Fill in the key details about the training session such as the name/type of training, proposed dates, trainers and number of people in the training group.
- Compile a list of participants to be invited to the training session.
- Define the objectives of the training session. What are the desired outcomes you hope to achieve by the end of the session?
- Make a list of possible training venues. Assess the venues based on cost, facilities available, accessibility etc based on your needs.
- Based on your proposed objectives, outline the activities and/or learning strategies that will help you achieve those outcomes.
- Plan the general structure and flow of activity for the day. Allocate the approximate duration for each activity.
- Compile a list of items needed for the various activities.
- Dot down any ideas or notes to keep in mind while planning the training session.
For a more detailed explanation on how to plan a training session, read our guide on How To Write A Training Plan. The article will give you hints and tips on how to properly plan and structure your training course so that you can get the most out of it!
The training plan template can also be used for bigger scale training events such as a team building retreat.
Let us know if the training plan has been useful for you!