Overview: This team building activity is a great way to get your moving while you also test their quick-thinking skills. Your teams’ ability to focus under pressure will be challenged while they work together to complete this fun activity. Team Juggle is a simple exercise that can serve as a great ice breaker at your next meeting!
Equipment Required: 5 balls of any size.
Space Required: Small to Medium. Indoors or Outdoors.
Group Size: 10 to 40 people.
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 5 minutes to brief the activity.
- 10 minutes to complete the challenge.
- 5 minutes to debrief the activity.
- Ask the group to form a large circle.
- Toss a ball to a team member while you say their name. Ask them to then toss the ball to any other team member while also saying the name of that team member. Have the group continue to toss the ball until each team member has had a chance to toss.
- Once all team members have participated, ask the team to remember who they passed the ball to and start the process over in the exact same order.
- Once they have established the order, start the process over and tell the group you are timing them to see just how fast they can repeat the process. Once the ball is moving, toss in another ball in the exact same order. Continue to toss the remaining balls in and see how long they can go without making a mistake.
- You can continue to play with different variations of this game as time permits. See how fast they can complete the pattern with one ball, two balls, three balls, etc.
- Team Cohesion
- Focus under pressure
- Quick thinking
Suggested Review Questions
- What did you enjoy most about this activity?
- What was most challenging about the activity?
- What surprised you about this activity?
- How well did you work as a team? How could you have improved?
- How important was verbal communication? Non-verbal?
- What is one thing that you can take away from this activity?