What is the one thing that each of your team members has in common? Your workplace! This activity will test your teams’ office knowledge and encourage them to have some fun together. Create a list of trivia questions regarding your workplace and see which team gets the most correct answers. This activity is a quick and creative way to break the ice at the beginning of a meeting.
Paper and writing utensils for each team member.
Small. Indoors or Outdoors.
This activity is great for groups of all sizes. You can have team members play individually, in pairs, or in teams of 3-6 people.
- 5 minutes to brief the activity
- 15 minutes for the teams to complete the trivia.
- 10 minutes to debrief
- Create a list of trivia questions related to your company as well as the physical office building. Create questions like “How many people work in the Human Resources Department?”, “How many Departments work on the second floor?”, “What artwork is posted in the reception area?”, “How many people names ‘Bob’ work in Accounting?” etc.
- Decide how you will divide the participants. Will they participate individually, in pairs, or in teams of 3-6 people?
- Type the trivia questions into a document and leave an area blank for the teams to fill in their answers. Print one copy per team. Be sure to create one answer key for yourself.
- Inform the group that they will be competing in a Work Place Trivia Game. Each team will have 15 minutes to answer each of the trivia questions. At the end of the 15 minutes you will review the answers with the group. The team that gets the most answers correct will win the game!
- Give the group a minimum of 15 minutes to answer each of the trivia questions.
- Have the teams trade their Trivia answers with another team. Each team will then grade another team’s answers.
- Read each question aloud and ask the teams to volunteer their answers. Once you have reviewed each of the answers, ask the teams to add up each of the answers that are correct on their sheet. Have the teams trade the trivia sheets back to the original owners.
- Ask the teams to raise their hand if they had 1 answer correct, 2 correct, 3 correct, 4 correct and so on until the winner is determined!
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
Suggested Review Questions
- What did you find most difficult about this challenge?
- How did you overcome that?
- Did anyone step up and lead the task? Was leadership important during the task?
- What surprised you most about the activity?
- What can you take away?