Overview: This activity is sure to lighten up the mood in the office or classroom this Halloween! Your participants will work together to mummify a teammate using rolls of toilet paper and various props. Take it a step further and have each team come up with a creative back-story and theme for their mummy. To wrap it all up (no pun intended) encourage some friendly competition among the crowd and award the most creative mummy, best wrapped, or the best back story!
Equipment Required: Multiple rolls of toilet paper, scotch tape, and streamers per team. Costumes and props such as sunglasses, hats, wigs, scarves, etc. are recommended.
Space Required: Small.
Group Size: 10 to 100 people.
Total Time: 20-40 Minutes
- 5 minutes to brief the activity.
- 10-20 minutes to complete the challenge.
- 5 minutes to debrief the activity.
- Divide your group into teams of 3-5 people. If in an office setting, ideally each team should have one manager or supervisor.
- Brief the group on the activity. Teams will work together to “mummify” their manager using toilet paper and the various supplies/props that you have provided. Teams will have 10-20 minutes to create their mummy. Encourage the teams to not only create a Mummy but to also create a backstory and a theme for their Mummy. Let participants know that a winner will be chosen at the end.
- Give the teams 10-20 minutes to create their mummy.
- Give the teams the opportunity to show their mummy off to the rest of the group and share the backstory they created.
- Debrief the activity. Take lots of photos, announce the winners, and award the most creative or best-wrapped mummy.
- Time Management
- Team Cohesion
Suggested Review Questions
- What was your favorite theme?
- What was your favorite back-story?
- Which team was most creative?
- Which team was most artistic?
- What did you enjoy most about this activity?
- What was challenging about the activity?
How well did you work as a team? How could you have improved?