Overview: This hilarious activity is sure to create comical memories for your team! All you need to facilitate this activity is the creativity of your team and a random collection of objects from around the office. Place your collection into a large paper bag or box (make sure top is closed so participants cannot see what is inside). Separate the group into teams of 3 or 4 people and have one team representative choose an item from the box. Now it’s time for the laughs! The team will act out an improvisational skit that incorporates the item they have chosen. To add some friendly competition, host an awards session at the end –award the funniest skit, most creative, best actor/actress, person most likely to break character, etc.
Equipment Required: Collection of random objects. Large Paper Bag or Box (with lid).
Space Required: Small to Medium. Indoor or Outdoor.
Group Size: 10 to 80 people.
Total Time: 20-30 Minutes
- 5 minutes to brief the activity.
- 10-20 minutes to complete the challenge.
- 5 minutes to debrief the activity.
- Collect random objects from around the office. You can add to the humor of the activity by pre-purchasing absurd props and costume accessories such as rubber chickens, boas, giant sunglasses, etc.
- Place your collection into a large paper bag or box (make sure top is closed so participants cannot see what is inside).
- Separate the group into teams of 3 or 4 people and have one team representative choose an item from the box. Give the team two minutes to brainstorm then have them come to the front of the room to perform an improvisational skit that incorporates the object they have chosen.
- Once the first team is finished, have the next team select their object and repeat the process until all teams have performed.
- To add to this activity, you can have the teams participate in multiple rounds of skits. For example, you could task them with incorporating additional items, or every item that was chosen collectively by all the teams.
Once all teams have participated, debrief the activity or host a fun awards session! Award the funniest skit, most creative, best actor/actress, most likely to break character, etc.
- Team Cohesion
- Quick Thinking
Suggested Review Questions
- What did you enjoy most about this activity?
- What was most challenging about the activity?
- What surprised you about this activity?
- Were you comfortable performing with your team?
- How well did you work as a team?
- What is one thing that you can take away from this activity?