The groups task is to design and market a product to present to the Dragons Den. The Dragons (managers, teachers or leaders) will ask questions about the product, its quality, and money making prospects and after the presentation will decide which groups product they wish to invest in. Based on the television show, Dragons Den (or Shark Tank for our US friends).
Equipment Required: Pens, papers and any other presentation resources
Space Required: Small. Indoors or outdoors.
Group Size: 12 to 20 ideally. Split into smaller groups (3-5 participants).
Total Time: 80 minutes
- 5 minutes to brief and set up
- 50 minutes planning and preparation time
- 20 minutes for presentations
- 5 minutes to review
Dragons Den Team Building Challenge Instructions
- Split into smaller groups (3-5 people). Get teams to come up with team name.
- Tell the group that they will need to design a product and deliver a final presentation to the dragons to try and get them to invest in their product. Everyone must be involved in the presentation.
- The presentation must contain the information listed below, this list is not exhaustive and it is encouraged that more information is included:
- Company Name
- Company Structure
- Slogan/ Tag Line
- Product Name
- Target Market
- Unique selling Points
- Product Price
- Predicted Turnover
- After presenting your product you will have the opportunity to demonstrate its effectiveness and quality by launching it on our purpose built test pad.
- Introduce the Dragons
- Explain that they have only 50 minutes to plan their presentation. Get them started.
Suggested Learning Outcomes
- Creative thinking
- Time management
- Presentation skills
- Planning and delegation