One person is selected to stand in the middle of the circle wearing a blindfold, the objective of the challenge is for the rest of the group to pass a selected object (such a tin with marbles in) around the circle without making any noise.
Equipment Required: 1 blindfold, cup/tin and marbles (or similar)
Space Required: Small. Delivered in or outdoors.
Group Size: Ideally groups of around 10 to 20.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1-3 minutes to brief and setup
- 5 minutes to achieve outcome
- 3 minutes to review
- Group to stand in an inward facing circle.
- Someone in the group is selected to wear a blindfold and asked to stand in the middle of the circle.
- Their aim is to listen out for the noise of the object being passed around. If they hear it they should point to where the noise comes from. If correct, the person who made the noise replaces the person in the middle of the group.
- One person is given an object that will make noise (a large cup/tin with a few marbles in it works really well).
- The object must be passed from one person to the next as quietly as possible.
Suggested Learning Outcomes
- Active listening
- Team Communication