Get the group to stand in a circle, with everybody facing the outside of the circle with their backs to each other. Now as a team they have to count as high as they can out loud with only one person saying a number at a time. This is a guessing game that focuses on listening skills and strategy.
Equipment Required: None
Space Required: Small. Indoors or outdoors.
Group Size: 5 to 40 depending on the size of the area used.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 minute to brief and set up
- 10 minutes to achieve outcome
- 4 minutes to review
- Arrange group members in a circle.
- Get the group members to turn around so that their back is facing the middle of the circle.
- Tell group members to count as high as they possibly can out loud with only one person saying a number at a time.
- There can be no planning and everyone must speak once before someone can say another number.
- If two people say the same number at the same time or a number is said twice, the group must start over again.
Suggested Learning Outcomes
- Listening skills
- Patience and persistence
Vary the challenge by setting a specific number to count to or down from, or even get them to name something relating topics such as chocolate bars or even Football teams etc.